Benefits of Zinc (Zn) for your Skin
If you do not have any kind of product containing the underated skin superhero Zinc in your routine then please do slide this essential into your routine. Your skin will LOVE you!
Zinc is a vital nutrient for skin health which is why the Super Sun SPF50 contains 23% of Zinc oxide and is recommended for use in the AM & PM.
Zinc is required by more than 100 different enzymes to function and it is present in every single cell of the body. Your skin cells are highly dependent on zinc’s powerful properties so much so, that the top layer of your skin is concentrated with up to six times more zinc than is found in the lower layers.
What does Zinc do?
- Speeds healing by stimulating collagen formation, a vital component of new tissue production
- It helps combat aging by stimulating reversal of damaged collagen matrix
- Support role in synthesis of DNA
- Protects skins immune integrity with anti-inflammatory & bacterial infection defence
- Provides relief for acne, rosacea, psoriasis & eczema sufferers
- Natural component of skins anti-oxidant system
- Broad spectrum protection from UVA and UVB radiation. Super Sun is a SPF50.
FACT: When you cut yourself, zinc goes to work. First, the amount of the mineral in the skin surrounding the cut increases as enzymes and proteins ramp up to protect against infection, control inflammation and produce new cells and transport them to close up the broken skin. But even healthy, intact skin relies on zinc for new cell production and the function of cell membranes.