Skin Condition: Hyperpigmentation
What is Hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation is the process that causes skin to darken, usually it is not harmful however it can be a symptom of medical conditions.
There are several types of hyperpigmentation including:
- Lentigines (sun/age spots)
- Post- Inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Ephelides (freckles)
- Smokers Melanosis
- Faculative (uneven skin tone that changes during life)
Triggers and Activators of hyperpigmentation include:
- UV Radiation (Sun exposure)
With UV radiation being highly preventable compared to genetics & trauma, SS focuses on 2 key areas to assist with the management & prevention of Hyperpigmentation.
Management of hyperpigmenation
For adequate management of Hyperpigmentation, SS support with antioxidants, melanin inhibitors & Vitamin C.
- “Switching off the Melanin response” It is our job to include the delivery of ingredients that switch off or minimise the melanin response with known “melanin or tyrosinase inhibitors” to manage current & underlying areas of hyperpigmentation.
In addition to “switching off” or minimising the melanin response another key aspect of management is
- Brightening or Lightening existing & underlying hyperpigmentation Vitamin C application has been shown to not only “switch off” the melanin response but to also help fade dark spots and lead to a more even skin tone. Typically it takes about 2 months of consistent Vitamin C use to notice fading of hyperpigmentation.
Prevention of hyperpigmentation
Each formulation is created with the ethos that prevention is easier than correction. This is why the Sunny Skin range is formulated not only with corrective properties but also strong protection properties shielding your skin from risk factors clinically shown to prematurely age & damage your skin.
SPF50 is the foundation of the Sunny Skin range along with key correctives like Vitamin C and Vitamin A which are the foundation of a great skincare routine as they will achieve the most correction & prevention than any other ingredient combination apart of the skincare world.